1. What did the woman have for lunch?
A. French fries. B. Some soup. C. A cheese sandwich.
2. When is the man’s flight leaving?
A. At 9:15. B. At 10:15. C. At 10:50.
3. Where did the conversation take place?
A. At a department store.
B. At a dry-cleaning shop.
C. At a dress-making shop.
4. Why can’t the man give the woman a hand?
A. He is too heavy to help her.
B. He doesn’t know how to help her.
C. He is too busy to help her.
5. How does the man feel about his job?
A. He enjoys it.
B. He doesn’t like it at all.
C. He wants to find a new job.
6. How is the relationship between the woman and her parents?
A. Good. B. Bad. C. Hard to say.
7. How much pocket money does the woman get a week?
A. Three pounds. B. Two pounds. C. Four pounds.
8. How old might the woman be?
A. 16. B.17. C.18.
9. Where is the new sports center?
A. On Hill Road. B. On Mill Street. C. On Station Road.
10. What sport did the man do last week?
A. Swimming. B. Playing basketball. C. Playing Table-tennis.
11. When will they go to the sports center?
A. Next Friday.
B. Next Thursday.
C. Next Wednesday.
12. What did the boy talk about with his father?
A. His graduation.
B. His study in college.
C. His plan to work.
13. Why was his father worried?
A. More people are out of work now.
B. It’s not easy for his son to find a job.
C. His son may not pass the entrance examination to college.
14. What did the girl suggest?
A. The boy should listen to his father.
B. The boy should do what he had planned.
C. The boy should also talk about it with his mother.
15. What are they going to do tonight?
A. They are going to the cinema.
B. They are going to the concert.
C. They are going to stay and study.
16. When is the concert?
A. Tonight. B. Tomorrow evening. C. This afternoon.
17. Which is true according to the conversation?
A. The girl likes action movies very much.
B. The girl likes going to concerts.
C. The girl doesn’t like films at all.
18. How often do people in the Historical Society meet?
A. Every week. B. Every two weeks. C. Every three weeks.
19. What is the main purpose of the Historical Society?
A. To find out what they can learn from history.
B. To study the people who lived there before.
C. To learn about what happened in the past.
20. What do they plan to do this year?
A. To study the history of the town.
B. To visit historical houses in the college.
C. To visit more places of historical interest.
Albert was an ordinary worker in an oil company in America. His workmates gave a nickname(绰号) “Four dollars a bucket (桶)” to him, for he was always used to leaving an advertisement of his company “Four dollars a bucket of oil” below his name whenever and wherever he wrote down his name.
As time went by, people forgot his real name. Later, when Rockefeller, the board chairman of the oil company, heard of it, he was very surprised, so he invited Albert to come to his office.
“Some people give you a nickname for ‘Four dollars a bucket’. Why aren’t you angry?” asked Rockefeller with some puzzlement in his eyes.
“Oh! Mr. Rockefeller! I like this nickname very much, because ‘Four dollars a bucket’ is our company’s advertisement. As long as someone calls me ‘Four dollars a bucket’ once, I think it’s a free advertisement for our company. I have no reason to get angry. Don’t you think so, Mr. Rockefeller?”
“Oh! What a fantastic man!” Rockefeller said excitedly when hearing Albert’s words. “Young man, work harder! You must succeed in the fut ure! I believe in you!”
Five years later, Albert became the second board chairman after Rockefeller.
Later Albert said in one of his reports, “I don’t think we should feel frustrated when we have no way to do the world-shaking things. We should treat everything actively because maybe our future success will begin from a small thing!”
21. What was Albert in the oil company at the beginning?
A. A customer B. A worker.
C. A manager. D. An assistant.
22. Why wasn’t Albert angry at his nickname?
A. He could become famous.
B. He liked to have a nickname.
C. It could make his workmates happy.
D. It could advertise for his company for free.
23. What is the main idea of this passage?
A. It’s very important to do small things well.
B. Rockefeller asked young people to work harder.
C. You can’t get angry when someone calls your nickname.
D. You should make more advertisements for your company.
24. What would be the best title for this passage?
A. A Clever Way to Make Advertisements.
B. Albert and Rockefeller.
C. Four Dollars a Bucket.
D. The Second Board Chairman.
Our warming planet is expected to face serious water crisis(危机)in the coming decades — which means each nation’s natural resource will be more important than ever.
25. According to the statistics, what is the world average of freshwater resource per person?
A. 6,122 cubic kilometers
B. 241 cubic kilometers
C. 3,642 cubic kilometers
D. 244,973 cubic ki lometers
26. Which country or region has the most freshwater resource per year?
A. Guyana B. Brazil C. Iceland D. China
27. Which country or region appears twice on the top 5 lists?
A. Bhutan B. Seychelles C. Suriname D. Canada
In the United States and several other countries, 2.5 million children play baseball in an organization called Little League. They play on teams in their hometowns. Their parents and other adults in the community coach or instruct them and serve as umpires to make sure that everyone follows the rules. Local businesses give money for the ball fields and the uniforms. Local teams compete against each other and the winners get to play teams that are more distant. Eventually, the top teams go to the Little League World Series.
One hundred years after Abner Doubleday invented baseball in Cooperstown, New York, in 1839, Little League got started in Pennsylvania. Three men started the game for neighborhood boys with a smaller playing field and fewer innings than adult baseball. Little League became popular after World War Ⅱ when the game spread across the United States. By 1955 it was played throughout North America and within five years it had spread to Europe. Children's baseball really caught on in Japan and Taiwan of China and teams from those areas won the World Series seven out of eight years. After this, the organization tried banning foreign teams from the World Series, but the ban came to an end after one year.
At first, Little League was only for boys aged nine to twelve. However, in 1974, the parents of girl baseball players brought a law suit. The courts ruled that Little League had to include both boys and girls. Later Little League added on softball and other games for teenagers up to age eighteen. Occasionally, a Little Leaguer becomes a professional player. For example, Gary Carter went from Little League to play nineteen seasons in the Major Leagues, ten of them as an All-Star player. By and large, youngsters play baseball for fun, but their parents are proud of them.
28.The mothers and fathers of Little League players ________.
A.play in the World Series
B.travel with coaches
C.give the teams money
D.help run the games
29.In what year did baseball come into being?
A.1739 B.1939 C.1955 D.1839
30.Why do most players take part in Little League?
A.To play in the Major League.
B.To have fun.
C.They expect a profit from All-Star games.
D.They want to learn how to serve as umpires.
31.What is TRUE about players today?
A.Little League is only for neighborhood boys.
B.Girl players have to buy their suits.
C.Girls and boys can participate up to age eighteen.
D.Children can only play until age twelve.
Have you ever received a gift that was so dearly, not your taste that you wondered if perhaps it had been handed to you by mistake? Worse, have you ever given a present and watched your friend look as though she had opened the wrong box? Maybe she responded with a polite "Why, thank you," but you knew you had missed the mark. Why do presents sometimes go wrong? And what do your choices (good and bad) reflect about your perso nal qualities?
Choosing the right gift is an art, I believe. It calls for empathy -- the ability to put yourself into someone else's head and heart. We're all able to do this; in fact, we're born with a kind of natural empathy. After the earliest period of childhood, however, it needs to be reinforced (加强)--by our parents, teachers, friends. When it isn't, we're not able to understand other people's feelings as sharply. This can show in the gifts we select, and so can many other emotional (情感的) qualities.
Think back to the presents you’ve given over the past year, the time and effort you put into your selection, how much you spent, your thoughts while you were shopping, and your feelings when the receiver opened the package. Keep in mind that what you choose displays your inner world. (Of course, you may express yourself differently with different friends, relatives, and other people you know.
We live in a society where exchanging presents is an important part of communication. Ignoring the tradition won't make it go away. If you really dislike such a tradition, tell your friends ahead of time.
32. The underlined expression "you had missed the mark" means "you had failed to _____.
A. make her feel better
B. keep your friendship
C. get the expected effect
D. receive a present in return
33. Which of the following is t he main idea of the second paragraph?
A. Natural empathy needs to be reinforced.
B. Emotional changes influence one's choice of gifts.
C. Selecting the right gift is an ability people are born with.
D. Choosing gifts requires one to understand the receivers.
34. In the third paragraph, the author tells us that________.
A. the choice of gifts reflects one's emotional qualities
B. one learns from what he did in the past
C. attention should be paid to the receivers' responses
D. one should spend more time choosing gifts
35. The best possible title for this passage is “_______”.
A. Ways of Choosing Gifts B. An Important Tradition
C. Exchanging Presents D. Message in a Gift
Rules on how to be a fit kid
Being fit is a way of saying a person; a person eats well, gets a lot of physical exercise, and has a healthy weight. __36__. If you're a kid who wants to be fit, here are three rules to live by.
1.Eat a variety of foods.
You may have a favorite food, but the best choice is to eat a variety. __37__. Taste new foods and old ones you haven't tried for a while. Some foods, such as green vegetables, are more pleasing the older you get. Shoot for at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day—two fruits and three vegetables.
What does it feel like to be full? When you're eating, notice how your body feels and when your stomach feels comfortably full. Sometimes, people eat too much because they don't notice when they need to stop eating. __39__. And over a period of time, overeating can lead to unhealthy weight gain.
3.Limit screen time
What's screen time? It's the amount of time you spend watching TV or DVD5, playing video games, and using the computer. The more time you spend on these sitting¬down activities, the less time available for active stuff, like basketball, bike riding and swimming.__40__
These rules aren't magic. However, follow them most of the time and you can become a fit kid sooner or later.
A.Drink water and milk.
B.Try to spend no more than 2 hours a day on screen time.
C.Eating too much can make you feel uncomfortable.
D.If you eat different foods, you're more likely to get the nutrients your body needs.
E.Listen to your body.
F.Ask your parents to help you do your favorite activities regularly.
G.There're a lot of discussions these days about fit kids.
“Father, I don’t like to go to school,” said Harry Williams one morning. “I wish you 41 let me stay at home. Charles Parker’s father doesn’t make him go to school.”
Mr. Williams took his little boy 42 the hand, and said kindly to him, “C ome, my son. I want to 43 you something in the garden.”
Harry walked into the garden with his father, who led him along 44 they came to a bed in which peas were growing. Not a weed was to be 45 about their roots.
“See how beautifully these peas are 46 , my son,” said Mr. Williams. “How clean and healthy the vines(藤) look. We shall have a good 47 . Now let me show you the vines in Mr. Parker’s garden.”
Mr. Williams then 48 Harry to look at Mr. Parker’s pea vines.
After a few moments, Mr. Williams asked, “Well, my son, what do you 49 Mr. Parker’s pea vines?”
“Oh, Father!” replied th e little boy. “I never saw such 50 looking peas in my life! The weeds are nearly as 51 as the peas themselves. There won’t be half a crop!” “ 52 are they so much worse than ours, Harry?”
“Because they have been left to grow as they 53 . I suppose Mr. Parker just planted them, and never took any care of them 54 ”
“Yes. A garden will soon be overrun with weeds 55 it is not taken good care of,” Mr. Williams 56 , “and so it is with the human garden. Children’s minds are like garden beds. They must be 57 cared for. I send you to school in order that the garden of your 58 may have good seeds and 59 plentifully. Now which would you 60 , to stay at home or go to school?”
“I would rather go to school,” said Harry.
41. A. would B. should C. might D. could
42. A. in B. by C. with D. of
43. A. offer B. give C. show D. remind
44. A. until B. where C. before D. when
45. A. made B. changed C. seen D. planted
46. A. dancing B. moving C. shaking D. growing
47. A. result B. harvest C. match D. present
48. A. led B. ordered C. followed D. forced
49. A. hear of B. look at C. think of D. deal with
50. A. ugly B. fine C. dirty D. poor
51. A. deep B. long C. high D. wide
52. A. When B. How C. Where D. Why
53. A. pleased B. stayed C. left D. belonged
54. A. ahead B. afterward C. forward D. outside
55. A. as B. or C. if D. so
56. A. required B. answered C. explained D. announced
57. A. carefully B. correctly C. gently D. slightly
58. A. school B. mind C. family D. dream
59. A. produce B. develop C. decrease D. drop
60. A. find B. support C. know D. prefer
Ms. Mary was over eighty, but she still drove her old car like half her age. She loved driving very fast, and boasted of the fact 61 she had never, in her thirty-five years of driving, been punished 62 a driving mistake.
Then one day, she nearly los t her record. A police car followed her, and the policemen in it saw her pass a red light without 63 (stop).
When Ms. Mary came before the judge, he looked at her __64__(severe) and said that she was too old to drive a car, and that the reason 65 she had not stopped at red light was most probably that her eyes had become weak with ol d age, ___66___ she had simply not seen it.
When the judge had finished what he was saying, Ms. Mary opened the big handbag she was carrying and took out her sewing. Without saying a word, she 67 (choose) a needle with a very small eye, and threaded it at the first time.
When she had successfully done this, she took the thread out of the needle again and handed ___68__ the needle and thread to the judge, saying, “Now it is your turn. I suppose you can drive 69 car well, and you have no doubts about your eyesight.”
The judge took the needle and tried to thread it. After half a dozen times, he had still not ___70___(success). The case against Ms. Mary was dismissed, and her record remained unbroken.
I can’t swim so I have a strong fear of water. Look back at my childhood, I think that three reasons might explain fear. Firstly, I am not allowed to go near the water when I was a child, as my mother had an unreasonable fear of it. Therefore, I was taught to see to the water as something danger. Secondly, my eyes became bad when I was five. If I took off my glass in the water, I couldn’t see something, and this increased my fear. What’s worse, for a child I once saw a neighbor drowned. Since then I have been more frightening.
双人间(共15间)，150元/天; 热水淋浴; 3.餐饮：餐厅(中、西餐)，咖啡厅(茶、咖啡);4.游泳池：全天免费开放; 5.欢迎预定。
Welcome to Baishan Mountain Hotel.
Baishan Mountain Hotel is now open for business.
第一部分：单词. 根据句意及首字母，用必修2 module 1-4 所学单词的适当形式填空. (每题1分，共10分).
1. When a man is thirsty, he will be a ________ for water but not money.
2. Please o________ the whole process of the experiment and tell me your conclusion.
3. “Hero”, the new a________ of Jay Zhou, was very popular with youth.
4. The game will begin, and all the p________ should wait outside patiently.
5.Yesterday, different teams a___ _____ different approaches to the problems.
6. I’m sorry. But I didn ’t r________ you at the first sight.
7. The new material can s________ very high and very low temperatures.
8. Smoking is b________ in all public places.
9. They were out of b________ after running only five minutes.
10. Zhang Yimou is a famous film d________ in China, even in the world.
1. Did you see a man in black pass by just now? ---No, sir. I ________ (read) a newspaper.
2. To learn English well, we should find opportunities to hear English ________(speak) as much as we can.
3. Don’t promise anything ________ you are one hundred percent sure.
4. Words came ________ our team won the game.
5. The boss, ________ company my father has worked in for 20 years, is kind.
6. How long do you think it will be ________ China sends a spaceship to the moon?
7. Jim receive a letter just now ________(say) his dad would come to see him soon.
8. ________ makes the shop different is that it offers more personal services.
9. We all ________ (have) a good time in the past three days.
10. The deaf dancers think dancing is an activity ________ sight matters more than hearing.
听力: CCBCA ABAAC AABCC BBBAC
阅读理解:21-24. BDAC 25-27. ABC 28-31. DABC 32-35. CDAD 36-40. GDECB
完型：41-60. ABDAC DBACD CDABC CABAD
1. that 2.for 3.stopping. 4.severely 5. why
6.so/and 7. chose 8. both 9. a 10.succeeded
1. so—because 2. look—looking 3. 加the 4. am—was 5. 去掉to
6. danger—dangerous 7. glass—glasses 8. something---anything 9. for—as
1. anxious 2. observe 3. album 4. participants 5. adopted 6. recognize
7. stand 8. banned 9. breath 10. director
1. was reading 2. spoken 3. unless 4. that 5. whose 6. before 7. saying/ which said 8. what 9. have had 10. where小学英语教师家长会发言稿 小学数学学期教学反思 小学英语教师工作述职 高中英语语法练习题 高中英语语法口诀 高中英语教师论文 小学语文国培反思日志 小学语文社团活动教案 小学搞笑话剧 2015年小学语文新课标内容解读 2016大学四级可以考几次 2016大学四级考试分值分布 2016大学4级题型 2016大学分级 XIAOXUEYINGYUSHOUCHAOBAO 三疑三探教学的困惑 为什么母语学得这样好 镇海中学模拟考试理综 音乐教学案列分析 阿含经经典语篇 教学后记大全 北京外国语大学综合素质考察 反应大学生活的短剧剧本 大学英语四级新题型听力练习 小学优秀安全戏水教学设计、视频 小学音乐教师编面试视频 小学数学听课感悟 小学语文课程标准2015版 适合学英语的美剧 小学舞台剧剧本 小学教师自我改进措施 小学数学课程标准2015 六年级预学英语寓练答案 学英语随堂反馈七年级下册答案 学英语随堂反馈九年级下册答案 学英语随堂反馈八年级下册答案 新视野大学英语第三版视听说教程2 新视野大学英语第三版读写教程1 幼儿园年级主任述职 后赤壁赋阅读答案 高中化学方程式 高二数学 高一数学知识点 高一化学必修一笔记 高一数学 高一数学公式 某人大雾天驾车在平直公路上行驶 高一数学内容 .高一物理知识框架 九年级第一学期主题班会集锦
Copyright © 2002-2018 . 海西公考网 版权所有 京ICP备10015900号